Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ambitious much?!!!


Well, obviously my New Year's resolution to blog daily didn't work out...but let's face it, it was a bit too ambitious anyway! As the mom of a BUSY toddler and a baby, maybe I need to settle for just whenever I can get a few free minutes to myself, a week to blog! Anywho, it has been a busy busy week! Here are a few things we did!

The little (big) guy started school. Yes, I cried. I kept my sunglasses on so he didn't see me cry. He asked me where I was going as I left and I said I was going to run errands and then the teacher led him away and that was that. He didn't cry. He just walked off to "circle time." I had cried talking to him on the way to school...again he had no idea. It's just that he'll never understand this until he has his own kids or maybe he'll never understand, this may be a momma thing! Luckily, my friend has a son who goes there and she had waited for me outside, and saw me walk outside sobbing and she hugged me and I just cried for a few minutes. I have been feeling so sad recently, that my "baby" is about to be 3 and that my other baby is 6 months old! Wow! It flies with the first child, but I feel like I blinked and the precious Prez is 6 months old! After I got myself together, I went and met one of my best friends, Amber, for a nice, beautiful, long walk along the beach. Afterwards we had lunch at one our favorites places and had mexican chicken and rice soup. Obviously God knew I needed to spend time with her this day because we had such a nice morning and lunch and it was just what I needed. You don't get a lot of true friends in your life and I am so blessed that Amber is one of mine. We have been through a lot together so far! :)

Here is a pic of my guy on the way to school...he was so excited!!! A little backstory: he has begging to go to school for about 5 months now, so we finally gave in!


Here is he within minutes of getting in the car after I picked him up...clearly he had fun and played hard. :)

Here is his lunch: homemade granola bar, Pirate's Booty, sunflower seeds, organic fruit
mash up and peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich (as requested by him.)

These are his personalized place mats! Since they eat outside on picnic tables, the require place mats! So I whipped these up one afternoon. He loves them!

This weekend, he visited his uncle at work, while Mom helped Grams throw a baby shower!


Today, he "swam" in the backyard! I can't believe this weather we are having in January!

The girlie has been busy too. She has been doing a new trick in her bed...she sleeps with her hand out...it's hilarious! Every nap and all night, her hand is out!

She went to watch big brother swim! And chewed on her beloved ring the WHOLE time...she LOVES this thing and holds it ALL.DAY. LONG!

She hung out on the couch, while cutting her first tooth!!! Yes, it broke through yesterday!!! See what I mean?!!! It's going by so fast!
Ps No wonder she has been chewing on herring so much!



This is hilarious...she is chewing on her ring and our beloved Sophie the giraffe teething toy.

We ended off the weekend by trying oatmeal. Rice cereal was not appealing to the little miss I guess, she just never warmed to it! She loved this oatmeal and couldn't get enough. Momma needs to find the time to start making the next foods. We are going to do applesauce, bananas and avocado next...not sure what order!





Lastly the hubs and I enjoyed dinner, delicious Pasta e Fagioli soup (I can't say enough good things about this soup! This is the second time we have made it in a week and we can eat it for days! Love it!), crusty bread(hubs), crackers(me), wine for me and cocktail for him...oh and a little football! Such an enjoyable time to spend alone with each other. We have started eating after we put the kiddos to bed and it makes for WAY more relaxed evening with no stress and no rush. We love it! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!



xoxo,
Ash


1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you in my life too! The before and afters of the first day of school are great, classic!

    ReplyDelete